ANGELIQUE STEVENS' non-fiction has been published in a number of publications including, The Chattahoochee Review, Cleaver and Shark Reef Not Somewhere Else But Here: A Contemporary Anthology of Women and Place. She has also published fiction in the anthology, Friend. Follow. Text: Stories from Living Online, which won the 2013 Silver award for Anthologies in Foreward Review. She teaches Creative Writing and Literature of Human Rights and Holocaust and Genocide at Monroe Community College in Rochester, New York. She is an MFA candidate Bennington College. An activist for human rights, she has lived in Chiapas, Mexico, to be a witness for peace with the Zapatista Rebels; volunteered in an elephant refuge in Thailand; studied Holocaust education in Israel; and observed the drilling of a water well in South Sudan. She is a board member of the non-profit organization Water for South Sudan and is currently writing a book about her experiences in South Sudan.
- “Keeping Time.” Cleaver. Issue #11. September 2015
- “If Nothing Changes.” Cleaver. Issue #8. December 2014. <www.cleavermagazine.com>. In January of 2015, “If Nothing Changes” was voted most read of the year.
- “Eight Cups of Water” Water for South Sudan Blog. January 2015
- “Anchipol Miet Apay” Water for South Sudan Blog. February 2015
- “Breaking the Fast” Water for South Sudan Blog, February 2015
- “Reading the Land” Water for South Sudan Blog, February 2015
- “Labors of the Desert.” The Chattahoochee Review: Skin Issue. Fall/Winter 2014
- “Broad Spectrum” Cahoodaloodling. Honorable Mention in the In Cahoots Contest. Fall 2014.
- “Three by Three” One Act Play. Produced for the 2015 Rochester First Niagara Fringe Festival. June 2015
- “Exposure.” Not Somewhere Else But Here: A Contemporary Anthology of Women and Place. Sundress Publications. January 2014
- “Spiral.” Friend. Follow. Text: #Stories From Living Online. Enfield & Wizenty: October 2013.
- Won the Silver for the Solas Award Traveler’s Tales: Best Women’s Travel Writing of 2012, for the essay, “Exposure,” March 7, 2013.
- Published: “Exposure.” Shark Reef: A Literary Magazine. Jan 2013. <www.sharkreef.org>.
- Published: “Beating Culture Shock on Arrival in Cambodia.” Travelmag the Independent Spirit. 23 Mar. 2012. < http://travelmag.co.uk/?p=6749>.